Thursday, August 22, 2013

Your Self-Dialogue Is Key

Your Self-Dialogue Is Key

I think most of us would be shocked if we could hear a tape recording of our inner dialogue. We would see just how many times a day we judge or criticize ourselves harshly. Sometimes we treat ourselves far worse than we could imagine treating someone else.
To start building self esteem, first listen to how you talk to yourself. You first have to be aware of a situation before you can change it. Do any of these thoughts sound familiar?
“My primary relationship is with myself - all others are mirrors of it. As I learn to love myself, I automatically receive the love and appreciation that I desire from others. If I am committed to myself and to living my truth, I will attract others with equal commitment.”

Shakti Gawain, Reflections in the Light
"There is something wrong with me. I’m really messed up." "I’m bad."
"It’s all my fault."
"I’m incompetent. I don’t know what I’m doing."
"I’m not (good, smart, attractive, rich, etc.) enough."
"I should have (fill in the blank)."
"I’m not as (good, smart, attractive, successful, etc.) as that person."
"I’ll never get that job."
"I’ll never be able to do this. I don’t have what it takes."
At a deeper level, you might hear:
"I don’t deserve to be happy. I don’t deserve to be loved. I don’t deserve to have what I want." "I deserve to be punished. I don’t deserve to be forgiven." Lack of self love can also get projected out as:
"That person doesn’t like me. No one likes me." Until you learn how to love yourself, this is how you cripple yourself so that you can’t move forward or go after the things you want. Underlying this negative self talk can be long-held beliefs about yourself that aren’t even based on reality. They are hangovers from other people’s energy being projected onto you. This usually comes from your parents, siblings, and other people around you during your early years.
Sometimes you can even hear these thoughts in someone else’s voice. This link will help you identify and break free of these beliefs. Click here to learn how to release these negative energies.

No comments:

Post a Comment