Thursday, August 29, 2013

IJS

Abundance is a direct reflection of your preparation to live abundantly. People who are ready for abundance keep their heads up, their eyes open and give thanks for everything they get.
 
  Do you know what your kids are listening to/ watching?

I absolutely LOVE cartoons, have since I was a kid. My nickname, Droopy, comes from the fact that people knew I loved cartoons and said I acted like that character. I watch the cartoons that my kids watch and they are so far from what I used to view. These cartoons are more for adults than children and so I have to view with them to make sure what it is they are watching. Constant access to certain things lead to certain behaviors/ actions and children will mimic what it is they see and hear.

This is definitely the case when it comes to music videos. The combination of what is seen in them with what is being said by them has a psychological effect on what it is they then do. What a lot of parents don't realize is that not all of the videos that our children are watching are being viewed on BET or MTV. There are very explicit videos that can be viewed by anyone on YouTube, Vevo, etc. and these videos have content that would offend many (prime example is "Rednose" by Sage the Gemini). These are the things that without proper supervision our children are absorbing, processing, and reinacting in their own lives which leads to the things we see in society today.

Take the time to listen to what's on their Ipods and watch the shows they enjoy. It can make the difference in what your child becomes when they are no longer children. As the old addage goes, if you're not educating your child, something or someone else is. Just food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment