Friday, August 30, 2013

Day 168

Day 168 of 365

  • Move Past Regret and Make New Choices

    Wrong choices cause regret, and when we experience regret we need to deal with it and let it teach us how to make better choices in the future.

    I understand firsthand that wrong choices lead to regret. I remember a time several years ago when I looked at myself and saw a noticeable difference between my husband, Dave, and me, because he has exercised all his life and is healthy, strong and in good physical shape.

    Initially, I merely regretted that I wasn't as strong as Dave, but then I realized I could do something about it. I now exercise regularly and have been amazed by the positive difference.

    The Bible says that with God, you are a "new creation." You don't have to live in your old ways, but you can now make new, better choices empowered by the Holy Spirit. If you find yourself regretting some of the unwise choices you have made in the past, don't be deceived into thinking it is too late to do anything about it. Just start doing what's right and then stick with it.

    As you start making better choices, you will come to experience a life in which you enjoy God's blessings every day.

    Prayer Starter: Holy Spirit, I know that I have been made a new creation. I don't want to live in regret about the past. Help me to make good choices so I can enjoy the future You have for me.
  • 2 Corinthians 5:17

2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV

17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment