Monday, August 26, 2013

Meditate On This

Meditate On
“Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, nor give place to the devil.
Ephesians 4:26–27
Anger Management
When you encounter someone who is nasty to you, how do you normally react? Many of us tend to get angry, and if we really lose our cool, we end up saying or doing things we regret later.
My friend, the Bible says, “Be angry, and do not sin.” It’s not a sin to feel anger, but don’t allow that anger to cause you to sin. And don’t give place to the devil by letting that anger take root in your heart.
“How do I do that Pastor Prince?”
Focus your attention on how much God loves you!
Once, I was walking to my car and I saw a man walking in front of me with his wife. His car was parked next to mine. When he opened his car door, he did it with such force that it hit my car with a loud “thud!” Then, he glared at me as if I had wronged him. Without a word of apology, he got into his car and slammed the door. His wife quickly went into the car like a meek little lamb.
I was on my way to church, full of the Holy Ghost, ready to preach on God’s love. But now, I was angry! I sat in my car, nostrils flaring. I said, “Lord, I am angry!” The Lord said to me, “Do you know that I love that man?” I said, “Yeah, but I don’t want to know about it right now, Lord.” The Lord then told me that the reason that man behaved that way was that he really did not know how much He loved him. So he was grouchy. He was angry. He was bitter toward life.
“Now, you experienced it only once,” the Lord said, “Imagine living with him like his wife does.” Then, He said, “Son, do you know that I love you? You are blessed because compared to him, you know how much I love you.” As I focused on God’s love for me, my anger melted away.
Beloved, in moments of anger, the devil wants you to focus on what the other person has done to you. But God wants you to focus on what He has done for you at Calvary. Today, feed on His love for you, and let Him turn every bitter situation sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment