Monday, August 5, 2013

Day 143

Day 143 of 365

  • Living Free from Debt

    It's important for us to understand that the battle for our finances is really a spiritual battle. The enemy tempts us to spend more than we are able to pay off so he can keep us under pressure and distracted from our walk with God.

    But we need to have a goal to enjoy the life that Jesus died to give us, a life of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. We can't do that if we are under pressure and frustrated by financial debt.

    It's possible to live debt free by using biblical principles for managing money. My husband, Dave, says that if we learn to live within our income, or our borders, then God will bless us, our borders will be stretched, and we'll have more. Luke 19:17 tells us that God is pleased when we are faithful and trustworthy in little things. When we are, it says He will give us authority over bigger things.

    So don't fall into the trap of trying to live "bigger" than what God's entrusted you with. Stay out of debt by living within your boundaries...then watch God expand them.

    Prayer Starter: God, I want to win the spiritual battle over my finances, and I'm starting by refusing to live in debt. I will not give in to temptation to spend what I don't have. Instead, I will be faithful with the boundaries that You have given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment