Monday, April 15, 2013

Welcome to this blog



Mission Statement 

Milagro Mind’s mission is to improve the quality of life by educating the community, providing resources and support to those depressed and suicidal.  Milagro Mind’s fosters learning and growth through unconventional means such as Suicide Survivors Forum, blogs, Art Therapy, Open Mic Sessions, and by working with Art Therapists, Psychologists, and Psychiatrists to eliminate depression and suicide.
Who We Are
In 2012, suicide survivor, Taisha Burgess created Milagro Minds to educate the community about depression and suicide.  We offer workshops titled “Overcoming Depression”, “Identifying Suicidal Signs”, Suicide’s Impact on Family & Friends, and Bullying, the causes, affects and effects.  We would love to provide workshops to your church, organization, school, college or government agency. 
To Schedule a workshop contact Taisha Burgess at 410-426-4164.

Bio: Taisha Burgess is an educator, innovator, and survivor who after an encounter with depression attempted suicide in 1997.  She is the newest voice in the battle against depression and suicide.  Recognized for the unusual means by which she educates, stimulates and promotes life.  In her debut book titled “What R U Thinking”, she shares her personal account with depression, the suicide attempt and how she took her power back.  Taisha has a BS in Criminal Justice from University of Maryland Eastern Shore and a Master of Arts in Education from the College of Notre Dame of Maryland.

Links that I would like on the Blog:
1-800-SUICIDE
1-800-784-2433
National Hopeline Network
1-800-273-TALK
1-800-273-8255
BALTIMORE SUICIDE PREVENTION HOTLINE 410-752-2272

4 comments:

  1. Keep your head to the sky Taish. Keep up the good work! I'm glad ur still here, and I'm always here if you need me... *I GOT NOTHIN' BUT LOVE FOR YA BABY* I'm gonna send a another friend your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your support Sharese I appreciate you!!!!

      Delete
  2. Taisha, how can I support? I am the friend sharese spoe of and am very willing to support in any way possible. I have my own story abut having survived my own suicide attempt and would love to meet or communicate in anyway u r comfortable.

    I'm at facebk under Jus Somguy.

    Peace be unto you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Evening Hary,

    Welcome to this blog!! I am honored and humbled that you took the time write me. I am planning several events, I'll keep you posted. Take Care.

    Amazed by His Grace,

    Taisha

    ReplyDelete