Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Low Self Esteem

April 30, 2013  10:08am

Good Morning Loves,

Have you began to work on accomplishing your goal yet?  Stay focused, you have five more days to get it done.  Today I would like to discuss low self esteem.  For years I suffered from low self esteem.  I felt very unsure of myself and my abilities.  I didn't think I was attractive and I definitely didn't think I was intelligent.  I thought I was average and so I accomplished tasks at an average level.  I did just enough to get by, never seeking to do more than what was required.  It wasn't that I couldn't do it, it was simply that I didn't think I was worthy of any good thing.  If you suffer from low self esteem, you can overcome this.  Check out the steps below.

1. Love and respect your self.  Complement your self.  Wear clothes and makeup that complement your body type. 
2. Stop negative thoughts and making negative comments about yourself.  Instead replace them with positive thoughts and comments. 
3. If there are things about yourself that you don't like, stop complaining and change them.  ie. if you don't like your weight, join the gym, exercise regularly and eat healthy.
4. Don't compare yourself to others.  Each of us was created for a special purpose and with special abilities.  Cultivate your strengths and improve your weaknesses. 
5. Keep a journal.  Write down something good about yourself everyday.  Whenever you feel down, write it in your journal and then write encouraging statements.  ie.I am a winner, I was born to do great things, I am beautiful, I am worthy, I deserve good things.

Happiness is an attitudeEvery moment you decide to be happy or sad, choose to be happy in spite of your circumstances.

Disclaimer:  This blog is my personal testimony and it's sole purpose is to inspire and empower.  If you are depressed or suicidal contact a doctor immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment