Saturday, May 3, 2014

You Are Gifted Day 1

Devotional

Introduction You know, I think there are only three kinds of people in the world: insecure people, really insecure people, and monumentally insecure people. Everybody I know experiences self-doubt, some self-loathing, and envy of other people who seem to have it all together. Everybody I know thinks sometimes, “I am a nobody. I’ve got nothing. My life seems like such a waste.” You probably know somebody like that. Maybe those feelings trouble you too. You should know that God has placed unique and wonderful gifts in you. You are a gifted person, and you have a God-given mission to fulfill in your life. I hope that this reading plan inspires you to see yourself a little more as God sees you. The forgiving cross of Jesus means that God no longer dwells on your sinful failures. Your sins don’t define you. He dwells on your positive side and rejoices as you grow in your desire and ability to serve him and serve the people among whom he has placed you. You are a gifted person, precious to him and useful in your world as only you can be. God loves you! You are important to him. Let his love shine from your life! --Pastor Mark Jeske

No comments:

Post a Comment