Sunday, February 23, 2014

Dear Lost Khas

Dear Lost Khas D.,

Posted by on Feb 19, 2014
Dear Lost Me,
I owe you an apology for finding satisfaction in living lost. I forgive me for inhabiting my own mediocrity.
Never again will I reject the beautiful possibilities that come with moving forward. I refuse to live another day being comfortably complacent and calling it contentment, just to make myself more okay with going nowhere fast.
Moving forward will force me to reclaim the faith I buried in the valleys of fear and doubts. Leaving where I am to head in destiny’s direction may cost me some tears and frustrations, but nothing is as expensive as living lost. Surely, I will have to hear those who were silently rooting for my stagnation label me “phony” or “funny acting”; and that is okay. I’ve finally decided to be more committed to pursuing purpose than pleasing people.
The present and future are empty of guarantees but every moment is full of grace; so I won’t let uncertainties stymie my steps. This time, I want it all–the mistakes, triumphs, tears, and accomplishments. The roads ahead will be long and sometimes lonely. None will land me on Easy Street, but I’m confident that every step puts me closer to the prize that is purpose.
Signed,
The Found Me

No comments:

Post a Comment