Sunday, January 19, 2014

21 Days To Beat Depression Day 9

1 Thessalonians 1:6 
6 And you [set yourselves to] become imitators of us and [through us] of the Lord Himself, for you welcomed our message in [spite of] much persecution, with joy [inspired] by the Holy Spirit;
 
Jeremiah 15:16  
 16 Your words were found, and I ate them; and Your words were to me a joy and the rejoicing of my heart, for I am called by Your name, O Lord God of hosts.
 
 Psalm 119:47-48 
47 For I will delight myself in Your commandments, which I love.
48 My hands also will I lift up [in fervent supplication] to Your commandments, which I love, and I will meditate on Your statutes.
 
 Psalm 119:28 
28 My life dissolves and weeps itself away for heaviness; raise me up and strengthen me according to [the promises of] Your word.
 

Devotional

There is something miraculously indescribable about the work that the Word of God can do in the most wounded of hearts. When the Holy Spirit wrote the Bible through men, the Holy Spirit had YOU in mind!!
While you are going through a time of tribulation and perhaps depression, you need the joy that only the Word of God is able to deliver! The Bible, which is the greatest Book of all time, will heal your soul more effectively than the most powerful anti-depressant, the best earthly psychologist or even an IV of chocolate!
The Word of God will strengthen you in ways that nothing else has the power to because the Bible is a rich power source like no other. It is better than an excellent counselor, a best friend, a good book or even a loving spouse. Never underestimate the healthy emotional life that can be attained simply by reading the Bible.
When you are weeping or when you are grieving ... the very first place that you should turn is to the Word! Hunker down and stay in in the Bible until you are filled with the incomparable, miraculous power of heaven! And then ... stay there longer! The Word of God is your comfort when you are going through a fire so please don’t set it aside but wring the truth and joy out of it every single day of your life.
Practical Application:
1 - What is your favorite Bible verse? Share it today with a family member or friend.
2 - List three more things for which you are thankful today! Don’t forget: #beatdepression!
Declaration:
I declare that the Word of God is doing a miracle inside of me! As I read God’s Word, it is healing me and setting me free from depression!
Prayer:
“Jesus, thank You for the Bible. Thank You when the Holy Spirit wrote the Bible, You were thinking about me. Thank You that the Bible has the power to enable me to walk in Your joy! Amen.”
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment