Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Joyce Meyer


Stop Competing

by Joyce Meyer - posted June 02, 2015

Some trust in and boast of chariots and some of horses, but we will trust in and boast of the name of the Lord our God. Psalm 20:7
Perhaps you've heard the saying, "It's a man's world, and if you want anything in this world, you have to fight for it." I choose to believe it is my world also, and I don't fight—I trust God that He will help me be all I can be. I don't have to compete with a man for his position; I have my own position, and I am comfortable with it. I like being a woman, and I don't want to be a man. But I must admit there are mornings when I wish all I had to do was comb my hair and shave instead of doing my skin care routine, putting on makeup, curling my hair, arching my eyebrows, and trying on three outfits before I finally feel it is safe to go outside.
Some women have such a competitive spirit with men that they forget to be women. Recently a minister whom I greatly respect said, "Joyce, you are a woman in ministry who still knows how to be a woman. You are not trying to act like a man or preach like one." You can be strong but feminine, and if you try to act like men, it will lead to failure and rejection.
Lord, the competition factor has been drilled into me since childhood. I choose to trust in You and to be content in the position You have for me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment