Monday, June 1, 2015

Joyce Meyer


The Baptism in the Holy Spirit

by Joyce Meyer - posted June 01, 2015

If you then, evil as you are, know how to give good gifts [gifts that are to their advantage] to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask and continue to ask Him! Luke 11:13
Today's verse promises that God will give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him. You can ask God to fill you and baptize you in the Holy Spirit right now, right where you are. Here is a prayer you may want to use.
"Father, in Jesus' name, I ask You to baptize me in the Holy Spirit with all the evidence that accompanies being filled with the Spirit. Grant me boldness as You did those who were filled on the Day of Pentecost, and give me any other spiritual gifts You desire me to have."
Now, you may want to confirm your faith by saying out loud, "I believe I have been filled with the Holy Spirit, and I will never be the same again." If you have prayed the prayer above, or a similar one, wait on God quietly and believe that you have received what you have asked for.
If you don't believe you have received, then even if you have received, it will be to you as though you have not. I want to stress again the importance of believing by faith that you have received, not making your decision based on how you feel. Throughout the day, meditate on the fact that God lives in you and through Him you can do anything you need to do.
Being filled with the Holy Spirit is one of the most wonderful things that can ever happen to a believer. His presence gives you courage, hope, peace, joy, wisdom, and many other wonderful things. Seek Him with your whole heart daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment