Saturday, December 5, 2015

Anchored Through Deep Waters

Devotional 

Broken.

How many times have we heard the concept of being broken is the perfect position for a miracle? I hate to burst your bubble, but that is not totally true. Now, being broken can be an avenue for a miracle, but I believe the position for the miracle is in surrender. The process of being broken will test your faith. It is the people that chose to recognize they are breaking and chose to give everything to God that see the supernatural happen. God doesn’t need anything from us to do the supernatural, but when we give of ourselves we can see just how God cares about our heart. He is constantly molding us!

Depression can bring such a feeling of brokenness and helplessness. It is when you chose to surrender the hurt and sorrow to God that we can start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Now, some of you have maybe been clinically diagnosed with mood disorders or personality disorders. Do not think that you are exempt from this. God knows your diagnosis and is not swayed because of it! Diagnosis can cause us to think that they are our identity, but to God, it is just a name for the way your brain wonderfully thinks differently than others. 

Just look at the story where Jesus feeds the five thousand. Many people think this is just a miracle…but I see it as a lesson, not just to trust God to provide, but a teaching of bringing what you have before the Lord. God doesn’t need us, but He choses to use us! In your depression, God can use it for amazing things. When I was drowning in depression and anxiety I wanted to give up on life, but now I see that God took my helplessness and made me whole. Not only was I restored, but I was equipped and here I am writing to you!


I know it may be hard, but just imagine what God will do with your testimony and journey through depression. Maybe you will write about it. Maybe you will speak about it. Perhaps you will be an intercessor. All I know is our world needs to hear real stories of real struggles and a real God that can turn it around.
God, use my brokenness for something greater. Use my depression and struggles for something big. Help me see the light at the end of the tunnel, for it is there that I will see the miraculous. I have hope.

Matthew 14:13-21  
13When Jesus heard what had happened, he withdrew by boat privately to a solitary place. Hearing of this, the crowds followed him on foot from the towns. 14When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick.
15As evening approached, the disciples came to him and said, “This is a remote place, and it’s already getting late. Send the crowds away, so they can go to the villages and buy themselves some food.”
16Jesus replied, “They do not need to go away. You give them something to eat.”
17“We have here only five loaves of bread and two fish,” they answered.
18 “Bring them here to me,” he said. 19And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people. 20They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. 21The number of those who ate was about five thousand men, besides women and children.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment