Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Who would ever think that Looney Tunes could be prophetic......


Who would ever think that Looney Tunes could be prophetic......

I'm watching a classic Bugs Bunny episode with him vs. Yo Simmitty Sam. Sam is doing his usual, being stupid and chasing Bugs all over the place. Bugs is leading him on a goose chase around a saloon, running faster and faster until both of them are merely blurrs on the screen running in circles. Then suddenly Bugs stops, all the while Sam just keeps running with the same speed and direction. Bugs just stands there and watches, shaking his head as this poor soul just keeps running blindly having lostsight of the very thing he was seeking to attain.

I'm not too prideful to admit that I've had my Yo Simmity Sam moments with God. I would be chasing Him, or so I thought at the time. God, please heal me, God please help me, God please hear me, God, please love me. I would be running around for Him and it's not that God was running away from me, instead He was trying to catch me to slow me down and stop me to let me know that He's been here all along. Then, He just stops, setting the example and becomes still and I just kept on running. Running in circles trying to find God when God was just standing there (shaking His head) waiting for me to JUST STOP RUNNING!!!!! Psalms 46:10 He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Now, being still does not mean doing absolutely nothing. Being still means knowing that God is God. That He is all Powerful, all knowing, Omnipotent, and the very definition of love. Even the fact that He's giving the devil a short time to try to prove his feeble point on earth is proof of His divine wisdom and will be the catalyst to no one doubting His wisdom ever again. Why wouldn't I want to rest my faith in Him and that which He brings to the table? Why wouldn't I want to wait on Him, knowing that anything God has and is giving is well worth the wait? Why wouldn't I gain confidence in His comfort, enlightment in His edifying me, and joy from His words of love, grace, and mercy? When I find that in God, what exactly am I running around for?

I pray that everyone takes the time to be still. Stop running from the blessings in store for you. Stop running from the calling He has for you. Stop running from the pain this world has caused you. Stop running and blaming God for the things the ruler of this world is responsible for. Stop running out of fear. The only running that should be taking place is running to God and once you do that and you get there.... BE STILL!!!!

Have a blessed day FB family.....

No comments:

Post a Comment