Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Anchored through Deep Waters

Devotional

I’m not okay.

First, I am so proud of you. Often time’s depression leaves us isolated and ashamed with no drive to find help. Recognizing the fact that you are struggling is humbling I’m sure, but that’s the perfect position for God to work in your life. Did you know you’re not alone? People have been struggling with inward turmoil for centuries. Take a look at David! He was called a man after God’s own heart, but on many accounts we see him crying out to God,

"Save me, O God, for the waters have come up to my neck. I sink in the miry depths, where there is no foothold. I have come into the deep waters; the floods engulf me." Psalm 69:1-2

How could a man that was in a place of ministry and eventually governmental royalty become so down? Listen carefully; your position doesn’t control your perception. The battlefield of the mind can only be won with God, not things of this world that satisfy your flesh. Many of us hide our instability with a front that shows we have it all together, that is asking for self-destruction. God is not asking you to look great, but to be great inside and out. Our mental health is the foundation of our future. David called to the Lord without shame, begging God to save him from the deep waters.

Today, I challenge you to be honest about how you’re feeling with God. We know there is power in the tongue to speak life or death. Speak life over your deep waters of depression because God, your anchor, hears you. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, just hold on. “Not one person can say I have it all together while trusting God…for the foundation of our salvation is faith and trust in his sufficiency, not our own.”

Psalm 69:1-2

1 Save me, O God,
for the waters have come up to my neck.
2 I sink in the miry depths,
where there is no foothold.
I have come into the deep waters;
the floods engulf me.


Psalm 69:33
 
33 The Lord hears the needy
and does not despise his captive people.




No comments:

Post a Comment